Cannabinoid products are becoming more popular and it is essential to be aware of how to package them for sale. There are many ways that you can package your product , based on the type of product you are making, but there are some general guidelines that you should follow.
What are the cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are a family of chemical compounds that interacts with the brain’s ECS or endocannabinoid system, are a chemical compound. Cannabinoids that come from the cannabis plant mimic the natural cannabinoids in the body, but they have different effects because they work with receptors for cannabinoid to create their effects. THC, CBD and CBN are the three primary cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. The cannabinoids people apply in their bodies to relieve inflammation and pain and also help to induce relaxation (not yet approved by the FDA) include:
* Capsaicin (found in chili peppers) is a natural anti-itch ingredient that improves blood circulation; aids with weight loss; reduces the pain
* Capsicum (found in peppers of the Capsicum family) helps reduce inflammation; aids digestion; aids in arthritis and rheumatism
* Cinnamon can increase blood flow and eases pain/inflammation
* Ginger: increases the circulation of blood; eases pain/inflammation. helps ease nausea
How do you package your cannabinoid product to sell
1) Label all packaging with safety information. This includes the following: the ingredients of the product; what it is used for; how often it should be used as well as warnings about any side effects or adverse reactions (if any) as well as the expiration date (if there is one).
2) Use a warning sign on the label if you make use of alcohol, nicotine or cannabis extract.
3.) Cannabis products will not generally have an official seal, but they should still meet all legal requirements for labeling.
4) The cannabis products that are labeled as medical need to be stored in child-proof containers. This is mandated by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). Recreational Cannabis is not subject to this requirement.
5) Cannabis that is to be vaporized should include directions regarding how to vape it safely, regardless of whether it’s intended to be smoked or vaporized.
6) Cannabis must be properly labeled to ensure the correct dosage.
7) Cannabis products intended to be consumed by smoking or vaping must have child-safe lids, suitable warning labels, and ingredient list. Cannabis that is used for purposes other than eating is not required to list ingredients or dosage information.
8) Cannabis products must have the THC content on the label
For more information, click pre rolled packaging
The packaging materials you’ll require
1) Containers that are protected and can be used to store cannabis-related products, including capsules/tablets as well as extracted oils. Prerolls (contains nicotine or other psychoactive substance) and edibles that contain cannabis.
2.) Packaging materials that have to be childproof for cannabis products designed to be used in vaping or smoking, including prerolls (contains tobacco or another psychoactive substance), blunts (cigars that contain tobacco and other cannabinoids)
3) Packaging materials and indicators to package cannabis-related products. These are intended to be consumed via other methods such as tablets/capsules or edibles.
Packaging materials and indicators
1.) Labels should always be clearly legible and clearly identify the name of the brand or product along with any required warning labels. Labels must contain all ingredients.
2.) packaging materials that aren’t protected from children must be clearly marked with directions on opening them in a safe manner. This may include cutting off a tab, or pushing the top.
3) Packaging materials for children should be clearly labeled with directions on how to use them safely. them, for example by pushing the top, twisting or pulling off tabs.
Packaging materials that aren’t childproof must contain the THC content.
Tips for packing your cannabidiol extract
1.) Place the bottle at the bottom of the container. The ideal place to store the bottles is in a cool, dark area like a pantry or closet. The container should be labeled with “Cannabinoid Extracts” as well as the ingredients and storage instructions.
2) Keep cannabis extracts out of reach of all other flammable substances
3.) Place your extracts into the safe of a secure location if you have children or pets
4.) Place cannabis extracts in child-proof containers whenever they’re not employed.
Here are some tips about how you can safely and securely ship a cannabinoid containing product
1.) Mark the exterior of the container with “Cannabinoid Extracts”.
2) Don’t mail it using the use of a carrier that combines marijuana with other substances like USPS (combines tobacco and marijuana).
3.) Make sure that your product is properly packaged to ensure it won’t break when it is in transit.
4.) Utilize a case that is hard or box filled with bubble wrap, packing peanuts and so on.
5) Don’t use plastic bags.
6.) Retain your product in the original packaging. Do not ever re-seal the product in any way.
7) Verify that the seal is still in place on the packaging, even if the product was shipped outside of your country.
8) Be sure all ingredients and warning labels are clearly visible on the outside of your packaging.
9) Use a proper shipping company that has insurance. This will ensure that if anything goes wrong, you don’t lose your item.
10) If you’re shipping the package via FedEx or UPS, they require that it be shipped via ground and with a signature confirmation. You can also use the services such as OnTrac (not affiliated with UPS).
11) Only deliver to licensed dispensaries within the state of California But be sure you find out how your state/city requires you to ship/label your product first.
12) Don’t send it with a private carrier, such as USPS (combines cannabis and tobacco).
13) Don’t send anything through the mail if you’re shipping it across state lines.
14) When you ship outside the state or country, be sure to check the requirements of your city/state is requiring you to identify your product.